Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement
Firefighters respond to the scene of a house fire Friday morning. Jamie Grant / West Fargo Pioneer
Firefighters respond to the scene of a house fire Friday morning. Jamie Grant / West Fargo Pioneer

Fire heavily damages home in south Fargo

Email Sign up for Breaking News Alerts

news Fargo, 58102

Fargo North Dakota 101 5th Street North 58102

FARGO - Fire heavily damaged a home this morning at 4264 Russet Ave. S., in Fargo.

No one was home at the time of the fire and fire-fighters could find no pets, said Matt Nelson, a spokesman for the Fargo Fire Department.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Nelson said the cause of the blaze was not immediately known.

The fire caused extensive damage to both the inside and outside of the home, Nelson said, including the roof, which was left with a gaping hole on the backside of the house.

Nelson said the fire was reported by a neighbor.

Nelson said it is believed the fire started the basement and was electrical in nature, as it started near a 62-inch projection TV with several other appliances attached to it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement