Epic Companies along with West Fargo Events announced a number of big name concerts they plan to host at the outdoor plaza opening at The Lights on Sheyenne 32.
Dates of the concerts have not yet been announced, but dates will be set for each event as federal and state guidelines of social distancing and large events are approved. In the meantime, a number of country and rock concerts are planed in 2020 at the MIDCO Stage at the Lights, 300 32nd Ave. W. West Fargo.
Over the course of the summer, Epic Events will promote four country concerts at The Lights:
- Sawyer Brown with opener Chris Hawkey;
- The Charlie Daniels Band with opener Blackhawk;
- Sarah Evans (opener TBD);
- Jimmie Allen with opener Matt Stell.
- An 80s rock night will also be set with the bands Skid Row, Great White, and Firehouse
- Speaker P.J. Fleck, head coach of the Minnesota Gophers Big 10 Football Team will bring his motivational message to the MIDCO Stage for “A Conversation With PJ Fleck”.
- A regional talent is also planned, but has not yet been determined.
“Utilizing regional acts is a great way to showcase all of the talent that comes from the West Fargo area and the surrounding communities”, said Lance Johnson with Epic Events, which will host the large concerts in connection with West Fargo Events.
The public plaza is owned by the city of West Fargo and managed by West Fargo Events.
Tickets for the events are currently not on sale. Tickets will go on-sale once it is deemed safe for these types of activities to take place. “The safety of our future patrons is of the utmost priority for EPIC Events" Johnson said in a statement. “We will not go on sale or host events until we can do so in a safe manner, for our guests, our staff and the performers.”
EPIC Events has partnered with Ticketmaster and will use a 100% digital ticketing platform at their events, meaning that guests will enter using their smartphones instead of a traditional paper or print at home ticket.