REQUEST FOR BIDS
STORM SEWER REPLACEMENT
WEST FARGO PUBLIC SCHOOLS
1.01 THE PROJECT
Storm Sewer Replacement
West Fargo High School
West Fargo Public Schools
West Fargo, North Dakota
1.02 THE OWNER (HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS OWNER)
West Fargo Public School District No. 6
207 W. Main Ave.
West Fargo, ND 58078
1.03 DATE: APRIL 2019
1.04 TO: POTENTIAL BIDDERS
A. Sealed SINGLE BASE BID will be received for ALL WORK for the above referenced project.
B. All Bids will be received by the Owner until 2:00 P.M. Central Standard Time on April 30, 2019.
1. Bids shall be delivered before the time and date above to Mr. Mark Lemer, Business Manager, at the address listed above for the Owner, or they may be delivered to the Board Room at that address, at which time the Bids will be publicly opened and read aloud. Telephone and Fax Bids will not be allowed.
2. The Architect assumes no responsibility for receiving and delivering Contractor Bids to the bid opening.
C. All bids shall be in accordance with Bidding Documents prepared by YHR Partners, Ltd., 420 Main Avenue, Moorhead, Minnesota 56560.
D. The Bidding Documents may be examined at the following locations until Bid opening time:
1. The offices of the Owner and Architect.
2. The Builders Exchanges located in Bismarck (Construction Plains), Fargo, and Grand Forks, North Dakota.
3. The Builders Exchanges located in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
E. Bid Documents may be obtained from the office of the Architect as outlined below. All deposits and/ or payments for Bid Documents shall be made payable to "YHR Partners, Ltd.".
1. Bid Documents may be obtained by prime Bidders upon receipt of a refundable deposit, by check, in the amount of $75 for one set of Bidding Documents. Full deposit will be returned to those submitting legal prime Base Bid provided complete set as issued, including Addenda, is received by the Architect within 14 days following bid opening. No plan deposit will be returned if these conditions are not met.
a. Additional sets may be obtained by prime Bidders at a non-refundable cost of $75. Submit payment for those sets by separate check.
2. Full sets of printed Bid Documents may be obtained by non-bidders at a non-refundable cost of $75.
3. Any party may obtain electronic Bid Documents (digital download or pdf files) for a nonrefundable cost of $50 for digital download access or per disk, by completing and submitting the REQUEST FOR ELECTRONIC DOCUMENTS form in Section 01 15 00.
F. No Bids will be read or considered which do not fully comply with North Dakota bond and license requirements as stipulated in Section 00 21 13 - Instructions to Bidders and the North Dakota Century Code.
G. Each Bid shall be accompanied by a separate envelope containing a Bidder's bond in a sum equal to 5% of the highest amount of the Bids, executed by the Bidder as principal and by a surety company authorized to do business in this state, conditioned that if the principal's Bids be accepted and the contract awarded to principal, the principal, within ten days after Notice of Award, will execute and effect a contract in accordance with the terms of the Bids and a contractor's bond as required by law and the regulations and determinations of the Owner.
H. Bidder shall have North Dakota Public Contractors License for highest amount of Bids, including any Alternate Bids, and such license shall have been in effect for at least ten days prior to Bid opening date.
I. Bid security shall be made payable to West Fargo Public School District No. 6.
J. Bid security will be retained and your Bid will be required to be submitted under a condition of irrevocability until Contract has been awarded and executed, but not longer than a period of 30 days after the Bid date.
K. The Owner reserves the right to reject any or all Bids and waive informalities therein.
A. For the Owner:
West Fargo Public School District No. 6
West Fargo, ND
B. By: Mark Lemer, Business Manager
(April 8, 15, 22, 2019)2740580