FARGO - The Medora Musical has hit the road for its third annual Magical Medora Christmas tour with a planned stop here Dec. 4 and 5 at Fargo South High School.
"A Magical Medora Christmas" will feature five of the top performers to have graced the stage of the Burning Hills Amphitheater in a Christmas special that guarantees to put you in the holiday spirit.
Justin Fisk, marketing and communications director for the Theodore Roosevelt Medora Foundation, says that this year will be different than past performances.
"The cast is just a little bit different," Fisk says. "This year we have a new accompaniment that brings a new flavor to it - sort of brings a folk song touch to this year's arrangement. A little banjo with Christmas favorites to bring a Medora touch. Christmas, we all like it for the same reason every year, and that is built into the show as well."
Throughout the past three years, the Medora Christmas tour has visited many communities throughout North Dakota and western Minnesota, and this year is no different - except that the tour has expanded.
"A Magical Medora Christmas" has been booked for 27 performances in 22 communities across North Dakota, Minnesota, Montana and South Dakota.
"It is a super fun tour for us to do; we love going to all of those communities, and many reach out and ask us to do the show in their community," Fisk says. "Our tour has gotten longer. It is 27 shows in 22 days that takes through the whole Christmas season. And the small shows sell out quickly, so getting tickets early for those smaller shows is a really good idea."
With a talented cast - including former Medora Musical hosts Emily Walter, Bill Sorenson and Job Christenson, as well as yodeler extraordinaire Jared Mason and longtime band leader Chad Willow - and an energizing show, "A Magical Medora Christmas" is sure to put the whole family in the holiday spirit.
The tour will stop at the following cities on these dates:
• Dec. 4, 7:30 p.m., Fargo South High School, tickets: First International Banks
• Dec. 5, 7:30 p.m. 7:30pm, Fargo South High School, tickets: First International Banks
• Dec. 6, 7:30 p.m., Wahpeton, Stern Center, tickets: Wahpeton Econo Foods
• Dec. 7, 7:30 p.m., Jamestown, Reiland Theater, tickets: Hugo's Family Marketplace
• Dec. 11, 3 p.m., Grand Forks, Empire Arts Center, tickets: Empire Arts Center
• Dec. 11, 7:30 p.m., Grand Forks, Empire Arts Center, tickets: Empire Arts Center
• Dec. 12, 7:30 p.m., Park Rapids, Minn., High School, tickets: Park Rapids Chamber
• Dec. 15, 7:30 p.m., Detroit Lakes, Minn., Middle School, tickets: Historic Holmes Theater
• Dec. 16, 7:30 p.m., Alexandria, Minn., Lake Geneva Christian Center, tickets: Elden's Food Fair
• Dec.18, 7:30 p.m., Valley City, VCSU Vangstad Auditorium, tickets: Eagles Nest Book and Gift Store
• Dec. 21, 7:30 p.m., Bismarck, Belle Mehus Auditorium, tickets: Dan's Super Markets
The Theodore Roosevelt Medora Foundation and Forum Communications are sponsoring the tour.