FARGO – The Richland County State’s Attorney’s Office is reviewing an investigation of alleged “inappropriate activities” with youth by a Catholic priest in the Fargo Diocese for possible criminal charges.
Richland County sheriff’s investigator Josh Beto said he finished his investigation of Father Thomas Feltman and forwarded the case to State’s Attorney Ron McBeth.
“We hope to have a decision by the end of the month,” McBeth said Wednesday, July 19, on whether or not charges will be filed.
Beto previously said he was investigating Feltman in regards to reports of “inappropriate activities” with youth, but did not elaborate on what that meant. Beto also said there could be “more than one” potential victim and that he fielded several calls from the public after word of the investigation spread.
- Jan. 2016: Lists of accused ND priests still under wraps
- Mar. 2016: Names released of 16 priests accused of sexual abuse in Minnesota diocese
Feltman, 48, has been on paid administrative leave since late May, after telling church officials about concerns brought to him regarding his interaction with youth. Church officials have not said what those concerns are.
He’s been a priest in the Fargo Diocese since being ordained in 2001. He's been pastor of St. John the Baptist's in Wyndmere and St. Arnold's in Milnor since 2015.
The Fargo Diocese previously said Feltman wouldn’t perform any priestly duties or live on diocesan property while the matter is investigated.