FARGO — The Northern Lights Council of the Boy Scouts of America recently honored five individuals with the Andrew P. Nelson Award for Outstanding Leadership and Service.
The award was created to honor Nelson, who was an Eagle Scout from Troop 644 in Moorhead, exemplified the Scout Oath and Scout Law and dedicated his life to serving others.
The recipients of the Andrew P. Nelson Award for Outstanding Leadership and Service were nominated by their companies and selected by a volunteer committee. Qualifications for the award included being a great employee, a veteran and someone who volunteers in the community.
The 2019 recipients included:
- Wayne Casebeer — US Marine Corps & ND Army National Guard, West Fargo. Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota.
- Mark Nelson, Command Sargent Major — US Army Reserves & ND Army National Guard, Retired. Chief of Police, Grand Forks.
- Thea Ward — Public Affairs Specialist, ND Army National Guard. Owner of Thea Ward Fitness, Bismarck.
- Jefri Jones, Major — ND Army National Guard, Retired, Horace, N.D. Science Teacher, Fargo Public Schools.
- Colonel Jason Benson — US Army & MN Army National Guard, West Fargo. Cass County Engineer.