On Sunday, Sept. 15, 1994 the VFW Club of West Fargo held an open house at their new location on Sheyenne. The West Fargo Post had been organized in 1948 and had celebrated their 25th anniversary in 1983. At 15,000 square feet, including the largest dance floor in the F-M area, the West Fargo VFW was one of the newest and most spacious. The dedication was scheduled for the next weekend with many dignitaries scheduled to attend, including Sen. Quentin Burdick, State VFW Commander Richard Grenz and National VFW Chaplin Fr. William Sherman. The ribbon was cut by Mayor Clayton Lodoen.
On Sept. 15, 2004 The West Fargo School Board unanimously approved a framework presented by the administration to serve as a timeline for facilities development through 2020. By that time the administration thought the district could see two high schools, each with 1,000 students. It focused primarily on the area south of Interstate 94, including the Sheyenne Ninth Grade Center. A funding referendum was scheduled for February. No one in 2004 expected have 11,501 students the first day of school 2019.