Students from West Fargo Cheney Middle School and STEM Center traveled March 26 to Mandan, N.D., to participate in the Technology Student Association (TSA) State Competition.
The students were able to participate in a wide range of different technology events. While at the competition, students were required to displayed professional business attire, participate in on-site interviews for their projects, compete in the Tech Bowl, and do whatever was required for their competition.
This year, the students outdid themselves from the previous year. West Fargo student achievements at the TSA competition include:
· First Place Team Website Design: Brenna Kallod, Logan Volk, Rose McNamee, Allison Inman, Karli Schulz (All STEM)
· First Place Individual Digital Photography: Karli Schulz (STEM)
· First Place Individual Career Prep: Allison Inman (STEM)
· First Place Individual Promotional Design: Allison Inman (STEM)
· First Place Individual Multimedia Production: Makayla Ryan (Cheney)
· Second Place Team Medical Technology Issues: Julie Hahn (STEM), Nicole Martens (Cheney), Ali Ressler (Cheney), Makayla Ryan (Cheney)
· Second Place Individual Prepared Speech: Logan Volk (STEM)
· Second Place Individual Digital Photograph: Rose McNamee (STEM)
· Second Place Individual Multimedia Production: Ali Ressler (Cheney)
· Third Place Individual Multimedia Production: Nicole Martens (Cheney)
· Third Place Individual Digital Photograph: Brenna Kallod (STEM)
Volk also was elected the 2013 North Dakota TSA State Vice President.
Other participants included Cheney students Eric Trefethren and Joe Frisinger.
The TSA club is starting to fundraising for the National competition. West Fargo TSA Advisors include Danielle Kamrud and Jim Thomas, both teachers at the West Fargo Middle Schools.