Police identify man found dead of possible overdose in north Fargo apartment
FARGO – Police have released the name of a man found dead in a north Fargo apartment Tuesday, May 16, after 911 dispatchers received a report of a suspected drug overdose.
The man was identified as Marcus C. Mosley, 41, of Moorhead, the Fargo Police Department said in a news release.
On Tuesday afternoon, officers were dispatched to the apartment at 1024 Broadway to provide medical assistance, and they found Mosley unresponsive, police said.
Firefighters and medics tried unsuccessfully to resuscitate Mosely, but he was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.
Police did not confirm whether Mosley died from an overdose. His cause of death will be determined through an autopsy, said police, who are still investigating the case.
If it is a drug overdose, it would be at least the fifth overdose death in Fargo so far this year.
Drug overdoses shot up in 2016, largely driven by abuse of opioids such as heroin and fentanyl. Sixty-nine overdoses were reported, 15 of them fatal.
So far this year, the trend has slowed somewhat, police say. In 2017, as of last week, there had been 10 reports of overdoses in Fargo, four of which resulted in deaths. At the same point in 2016, there had been 25 overdose reports and six deaths.