Weather Forecast


Fire heavily damages home in south Fargo

Firefighters respond to the scene of a house fire Friday morning. Jamie Grant / West Fargo Pioneer1 / 4
Damage is visible on the west side of a south fargo home Friday morning. Jamie Grant / West Fargo Pioneer2 / 4
Captain Jason Mehlisch is enveloped in smoke as he enters a burning south Fargo home. Jamie Grant / West Fargo Pioneer3 / 4
Smoke billows from a home located at 4264 Russet Ave. S. in Fargo. Jamie Grant / West Fargo Pioneer4 / 4

FARGO - Fire heavily damaged a home this morning at 4264 Russet Ave. S., in Fargo.

No one was home at the time of the fire and fire-fighters could find no pets, said Matt Nelson, a spokesman for the Fargo Fire Department.

Nelson said the cause of the blaze was not immediately known.

The fire caused extensive damage to both the inside and outside of the home, Nelson said, including the roof, which was left with a gaping hole on the backside of the house.

Nelson said the fire was reported by a neighbor.

Nelson said it is believed the fire started the basement and was electrical in nature, as it started near a 62-inch projection TV with several other appliances attached to it.